Question: Breathing issues, chest pains and blood in nasal mucus

qikamar - Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:32 pm

37 male, 210, 5'10"

For the last year and a half I have been noticing worsening conditions that up until now neither my GP or other related doctors can seem to track down. am getting more and more concerned that while the solution eludes them, something really bad is happening.

Currently my specific concerns are - listed in order of primary to secondary

1. Breathlessness, even with slight activity.
2. Very general bone pains - specifically along the lower frontal rib-line
3. A dull pain most notable on the left side of my chest.
4. Blood in nasal mucous - most notable in the mornings. Generally clears up throughout the day, but is very worrisome.
5. Notable sweating during light activity

Initially DX with Lyme Disease, but after this last year not convinced that several of these conditions have anything to do with Lyme. The DX was barely positive, and I have not been convinced.

I have smoked in the past - (20 yrs 1/2 pack a day), and really think that is where the problem lies, but every single doctor that I have talked to has been redicent to confirm that. I have been working on quitting, and that has gone fairly well. After many visits to have Xrays, CT scans, and MRI's nothing has shown up and I an starting to think my Dr may have decided that alot of it is perhaps in my head.

Of course, I do not think so, and my surrent condition really is worrisome to me.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:55 pm

Were you treated for Lyme disease? And have you had follow up testing for it? This set of symptoms could possibly be due to Lyme's. Again, you may be correct that something else is going on. The symptoms are vague enough as a collection, to make a guess as to the cause difficult, but I would suggest at least a thorough physical and maybe an echocardiogram to rule out any structural heart abnormalities, which is the only other thing that comes to mind (and this is deliberately vague, as there are too many possibilities in that area, some of which could actually be caused by Lyme disease if it is present).

Please do follow up with us here, and if there is any further information it would be helpful in trying to figure out what's going on.

Best of luck to you.

|