News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Arrhythmias

Question: Tachycardia treated by ablation

desmo - Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:09 pm

I have had 2 ablation proceedures for my tachycardia. The first one went very well, however I began to have symptoms again within a couple of months. After 6 months I was back in the ER because I couldn't stop my heart on my own. They took an EKG and faxed it to my cardiologist. I called and scheduled another ablation proceedure and went in the day before for my check up. My cardiologist did not remember doing my initial procedure which was fine because I know he is very busy. I went in the next morning and had the proceedure done. Afterwards he came in to see me and said he couldn't get my heart into the rhythm and so just did a clean up on the initial site and was done. this only took 2 hours. I know many other patients of his can be in the ablation proceedure for up to 4 to 6 hours.

My last ablation proceedure was done in August 2004. I have now started having symptoms again. My doctor has decided to put a monitor on me. My questions are simple. Why didn't my doctor use the EKG from the last episode which his nurse told me is better than catching it on the monitor? And why didn't my doctor try harder to get my heart into the rhythm during the proceedure? Should I see another doctor or stay with this one?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:00 pm

User avatar Dear Desmo,

i can not answer those questions on behalf of your doctor, it is always a good thing to ask your doctor about things you want to clarify.

About seeing a new doctor, it is up to you as well. You are the one who has to decide whether or not you still have full confidence in your doctor or you might have lost some and need to be seen by a new doctor.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here