Forum Name: Cardiomyopathy

Question: Abcessed tooth and cardio myopathy

jliterski - Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:36 am

My husband has cardio myopathy and is taking medication for congestive heart failure.

He has developed what appears to be an abcessed tooth. His entire left side of his face is swollen. The soonest I can get him into the dentist is Tuesday morning and it is Saturday morning.

Is it safe to wait that long? Is there anything I can do for him until his appointment?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:04 pm

User avatar Dear jliterski,

Your husband has to receive antibiotics as fast as possible. If you have a problem in getting antibiotics, the best way is to go to the emergency room.

i don't think that there will be an increased risk to your husband's heart in terms of infection unless there are diseased valves in your husband's heart.

|