Question: Chest pains

boo28 - Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:58 pm

I have been having bad chest pains for the last 4 weeks. I have gone to the dr. twice, they did a chest x-ray and told me nothing was wrong. They said it was a pulled muscle in my chest and put me on some medication. None of the meds are helping at all. I recently went up north for a week and I had no pain in my chest while I was gone and then the night I got back the pains in my chest returned. I was just wondering if the higher elevation would help a "pulled" muscle in my chest or could something else be wrong? If you can give me some insight I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Boo
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:54 am

User avatar Hi boo28,
Was a chest xray the only thing that was done? Did they do an ekg, cardiac work-up etc.? If not I would suggest that with your symptoms, this be completed. Although a pulled muscle can cause considerable pain, since the medications aren't helping, you may need a re-evaluation. A chest xray can't determine cardiac function.
 boo28 - Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:39 am

Thanks for your reply. I am a little hesitate to go back to the doctor just because I was there twice had them on the phone 5 times and they told me nothing was wrong. And yes they only did a chest xray. I guess I need to find a new doctor. Thanks again for your help.
Boo
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:56 am

User avatar Hi boo28,
Sometimes health care professionals look at a persons age and automaticly assume certain symptoms aren't cardiac in origin. I would certainly urge you to find a physician to do a cardiac evaluation on you and if the results are normal then he/she should be able to discuss the other possibilities.

|