News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Chest pains

boo28 - Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:58 pm

I have been having bad chest pains for the last 4 weeks. I have gone to the dr. twice, they did a chest x-ray and told me nothing was wrong. They said it was a pulled muscle in my chest and put me on some medication. None of the meds are helping at all. I recently went up north for a week and I had no pain in my chest while I was gone and then the night I got back the pains in my chest returned. I was just wondering if the higher elevation would help a "pulled" muscle in my chest or could something else be wrong? If you can give me some insight I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Boo
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:54 am

User avatar Hi boo28,
Was a chest xray the only thing that was done? Did they do an ekg, cardiac work-up etc.? If not I would suggest that with your symptoms, this be completed. Although a pulled muscle can cause considerable pain, since the medications aren't helping, you may need a re-evaluation. A chest xray can't determine cardiac function.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 boo28 - Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:39 am

Thanks for your reply. I am a little hesitate to go back to the doctor just because I was there twice had them on the phone 5 times and they told me nothing was wrong. And yes they only did a chest xray. I guess I need to find a new doctor. Thanks again for your help.
Boo
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:56 am

User avatar Hi boo28,
Sometimes health care professionals look at a persons age and automaticly assume certain symptoms aren't cardiac in origin. I would certainly urge you to find a physician to do a cardiac evaluation on you and if the results are normal then he/she should be able to discuss the other possibilities.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here