Forum Name: Arrhythmias

Question: fast heart rate and chest pain

kentuckygirl - Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:28 pm

my daughter is 15 and has had this problem since she was about 11. She starts out with chest pain the her heart beats fas,pain in her back dizziness gets sweaty during these episode and after they are over she freezes and has a really bad headache and she will sleep for 12 or more hours. Her back tends to hurt her alot now and she is dizzy everytime she gets up. She is taking birth control pills and atenolol 25mg. After these episode her chest is really tender and sore to the touch. She is always tired. She has lost weight. She has had blood work ekgs e-rays echo thyroid checked potatissum check nothing shows up.Do you have any ideas what could be happening? Or know anything else we could have checked. Thanks you for your time.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:23 pm

User avatar Hi there -

The syndrome you describe seems peculiar, but it may not be. I'll need a little more information, however, in order to point you in the right direction. Surpisingly, the most important thing I'd need to know is what your daughter's "fast" heart rate is, typically, during one of these episodes. I have some ideas, but what constitutes "fast" is first on the list of things I'll need to know. Could you please supply that information for us? Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing more from you. Hopefully we can figure this out.

|