Forum Name: Ischemic Heart Disease

Question: Heart flutter / arm pain

kilgoretrout2 - Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:18 pm

I'm 23 (too young to have a heart attack?) and I just quit smoking after 3 years on and off. The last 3 days my underarms/armpits have both had a weird pain. Then today I'm noticing a slight heart flutter, or it could be because it's cold here and I'm paranoid. My questions is could the arm pain be due to poor circulation from smoking?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:33 am

User avatar Dear kt,

i don't think that the armpit pain that you are having is related to heart disease.

i can not tell for sure what is causing this armpit pain, i think you should be checked by your physician to be examined.

About poor circulation from smoking, it usually takes a lot more than 3 years on and off for the circulation to be affected by smokin unless you have certain disease that affects the circulation and if you smoke it becomes much worse.

|