News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: Cystic adventitial disease

kmills0864 - Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:28 am

after losing circulation in my left foot, i was misdiagnosed with a poplital entrapment. the dr did surgery on me and cut a muscle to release the entrapment. the surgery was not sucessful and i was left with a 70% blockage in my leg and nerve damage. this happened in may. In June i was correctly diagnosed with Cystic adventitial disease and had surgery and a graph to treat this. It worked i no longer have the blockage, however i am in constant pain and can not use my foot very much due to the swelling and pain. How long do these symptons generally last and do most people who have this type of surgery make full recoveries? I have not been able to work since June and although i can tell a great difference between now and when i had the surgery, there has been little to no improvement in the last two months.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:24 pm

User avatar Hello -

These surgeries most often recover without complication, fairly quickly. The fact that you continue to have swelling and pain suggests one of two things: either this is a result of the first, misdirected surgery, or it could be due to scar tissue having accumulated during the healing process (a fairly rare but not unheard-of complication). If the problems are due to the first surgery it could be simply that it delayed proper correction of the problem or that it started a new problem which is interfering with proper recovery of the second surgery. At any rate it should be investigated thoroughly, as it may require some "fine tuning" surgically to make it right. One wouldn't normally be having these symptoms this far along, but since the correct surgery was not only delayed but a wrong surgery was performed first, there may be additional corrections that need to be made. If the same surgeon did both surgeries you may want to arrange a second opinion consult to avoid attempts to justify problems that only you are suffering with now.

I hope this is helpful to you. Good luck with this.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here