News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: strange headaches and dizziness

lsmiley101802 - Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:14 pm

Hello... over the past couple of weeks I have been experiencing strange symptoms dealing with headaches and dizziness. The dizziness started by itself about two weeks ago for no particular reason, unsure of where it came from I just blew it off. Now, over the past couple of days, I have been experiancing a splitting pain just above my right eye close to the temple area. As soon as the sudden onset of pain dissipates I become very dizzy almost to the point of blacking out. This worries me due to having two very young children and the last episode happening while I was driving with them in the car. Do you have any suggestions as to what this may be? I do not have insurance so cannot afford to see a doctor and am hoping that this is something that will subside. Any suggestions that you can give me will greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!!!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:30 am

User avatar Hi lsmiley101802,
Do you have any other symptoms, for example, tingling of your extremeties, nausea, chest pain, heart racing, blurred vision, elevated blood pressure etc. etc.? It would be difficult to say specificly without a little more information.
I am however, concerned for you and in my opinion you need evaluated by a physician.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:48 am

User avatar Dear lsmiley101802,

This sounds to me as a severe migraine headache. You have to be seen by a physician so as to receive the right medication for it.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 lsmiley101802 - Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:07 pm

I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who have replied to my question. I would actually LIKE to go to a doctor for this, but without insurance I'm afraid that we just can't afford it :( Thank you again though and I will try to get these headaches figured out and resolved now that I know who I need to ask about them!

Thanks again,
Lisa
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:41 am

User avatar Dear Lisa,

With the health care status in the United States as it is now and since there are lots of patients who can not afford health insurance, there have been more free clinics around than it has ever been.

Please, take the time to look for such clinics, they will be mostly attached to hospitals with affiliation to religious organizations such as churches.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 lafemme - Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:56 pm

So for a while now some weeks worse than others, I have been getting severe dizziness and headaches. But its more than a headache, whenever I stand up after sitting for a while, i feel dizzy, i feel like all the blood rushes to my head and it gets pressured, and then I lose my sight for a few seconds and my balance.
I do have a history of low blood pressure, and fainting occasionally, so I feel like it might be from that? I am also on the underweight side. What do you think it could be from?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here