Question: Pain under and in left breast

discouraged - Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:02 pm

i have had pain under my left breast for almost two months now. it has now moved "in" the breast as well. it hurts to take a deep breath and hurts when i bend over. it isn't constant but more frequent than when it started. it can be a stabbing pain at times. i have had an EKG (since i have high cholesterol and am pre-diabetic) but it came back normal. my doctor keeps offering me pain killers, saying it is "probably" nothing. i am very concerned. and i am very depressed that i cannot be taken seriously. i spent a year looking for an endocrynologist before i found one that found that i was pre-diabetic and insulin intolerant which alleviated multiple symptoms when placed on glucophage. but this nagging breast pain is very discouraging and i am finding myself falling into major depression. can anyone help? :cry:
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:43 am

User avatar Dear Discouraged,

Obviously, I cannot rule out something as dangerous as a cardiac cause for your chest pain over the internet, but according to your description this chest pain is probably not secondary to coronary disease. I would suggest that you have a thorough breast exam in addition to a mammography or a breast ultrasound.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.