News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Ovarian Cystectomy

Osandeegirl2005 - Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:15 am

On Nov. 17, 2004 I had an right ovarian cystectomy. My ovary was left intact. I am in my 4th week of recuperating. For the past week I have endured a constant pain on my left side near my lung and ribcage area. I have not been very regular without the aid of Metamucil and non-frequently, correctol. I have had no coughing at all so I do not suspect pneumonia. Today with the help of correctol and glycerin taken Dec. 18 (Sat.) I had a decent BM and the pain seems much better almost gone. I also get pain in my pelvis but I attribute that to my recent surgery. Should I be worrying about adhesions yet?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:50 pm

User avatar Dear Osandeegirl2005,

If you mean that the adhesions caused by the recent surgery were behind your constipation, i don't think they would develop that fast to be tough enough to cause an intestinal obstruction if this is what you think.

Exercise, drink enough fluids and eat green leafy vegetables and hopfeully this will keep you regular.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 Osandeegirl2005 - Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:20 pm

Dr. Mokhtar,

Thank you for your reply. It has been very helpful. I will take your advice regarding the vegetables because I have not been eating enough of them.

Sandy

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here