News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: 26 year old with Dull ache in center of chest.

Luciola - Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:40 pm

I have recently become aware of a dull ache in my center\left chest that gets worse when i lay down. It feels like my heart is trying to beat its way out of my chest. I recently quit smoking, have had ulcers in the past, and have experimented with IV drugs (heroin) at one time during High School. I have no insurance so i have to get a diagnosis online. Fairly sure its just acid reflux, but if these symptoms don't match up and i should go see a doctor it would be good to know asap
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:55 pm

User avatar Hello -

This is a fairly loaded question you pose. While the sensation you describe could be a lot of things, most of them innocent, you do have some history that could have a bearing on this (and I'm not talking about the heroin use). On the other hand, usually if one can aggravate a symptom like this via change of position, it's usually not cardiac-related. However, once again, this is a little bit less usual a set of circumstances than usual, so I'm going to suggest that you get yourself seen, but of course you'll have to decide how far you can afford to allow any further testing to go. You might try discussing the financial situation with the doctor up front or find a clinic that works on a sliding scale. There are a lot of people in financial straits right now, a lot of people out of work and a whole lot of people without health insurance. We can't just tell them to ignore troubling symptoms. You won't get an on-line diagnosis here, first because we never do that anyway, and second because there isn't enough information, let alone face-to-face, hands-on exam potential. This is what's needed. I could make some guesses, but that's not how we do business. It's your health we'd be gambling with. I hope you understand no responsible medical person will pretend to diagnose you on the basis of a post or two on line.

I hope this is helpful to you. Best of luck with this, and I do hope you'll find a way to be seen for at least a superficial exam.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here