News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Problems with the stomach and throat

Isabella - Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:20 am

Hi my name is Isabella and I am 13 years old. I have problems with diarrea,and every night after dinner i have diarrea. I don't know what is my problem. Also i feel like a ball in my throat when i swallow and it feels awfull. My dad told me that i had acid problems and he gives me pepsid, but sometimes it dosent work. What can I do?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:25 pm

User avatar Dear Isabella,

How long have you had this problem? Is it related to you eating a particular kind of food like dairy products and when you stop eating this type of food, it goes away? Did you visit your doctor or had any tests? Are you losing weight? How is your appetite? How are your bowel movements otherwise?

Diarrhea has many causes begining with an exaggerated gastro-colic reflex (colon empties when stomach is distended) and intolerance of some foods such as lactose intolerance and ending with having severe inflammation of the colon.

If this diarrhea has been there for a while, i would suggest that you see your doctor to have at least a stool sample to be sure that there is nothing wrong.

Regarding the throat problem, i can't make a diagnosis without taking a look at your throat, so when you go see your doctor for the diarrhea, ask him to take a look at your throat as well.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here