Question: Problems with the stomach and throat

Isabella - Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:20 am

Hi my name is Isabella and I am 13 years old. I have problems with diarrea,and every night after dinner i have diarrea. I don't know what is my problem. Also i feel like a ball in my throat when i swallow and it feels awfull. My dad told me that i had acid problems and he gives me pepsid, but sometimes it dosent work. What can I do?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:25 pm

User avatar Dear Isabella,

How long have you had this problem? Is it related to you eating a particular kind of food like dairy products and when you stop eating this type of food, it goes away? Did you visit your doctor or had any tests? Are you losing weight? How is your appetite? How are your bowel movements otherwise?

Diarrhea has many causes begining with an exaggerated gastro-colic reflex (colon empties when stomach is distended) and intolerance of some foods such as lactose intolerance and ending with having severe inflammation of the colon.

If this diarrhea has been there for a while, i would suggest that you see your doctor to have at least a stool sample to be sure that there is nothing wrong.

Regarding the throat problem, i can't make a diagnosis without taking a look at your throat, so when you go see your doctor for the diarrhea, ask him to take a look at your throat as well.

|