Question: Odd chest pains.

sierra_renegade - Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:43 am

I am a 21 (nearly 22) year old female. I am not pregnant and have never had kids. At about 8:45 p.m. December 28,2004 I started having chest pains, they just hit all of a sudden. At the time I was just laying in the bed talking to my husband about tomorrows activities. The pain is coming from the right side of my left breast, more under it than in it. It feels like there is pressure there. When I move my left arm or sit up all the way it becomes very painful and feels like there is more presure. It is a constant dull pain. Sometimes, it is even hard for me to breath. I t is now 1:42 am and I am still having these pains. I don't want to go to the hospital if it is something unimportant, but if anyone thinks it is worth getting looked at then I will go around 10 am if iI am still in pain.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:22 pm

User avatar Dear sierra_renegade,

Being a female in this age means that almost virtually this pain is not due to coronary disease.

On top, you don't have any risk factors for coronary disease and the pain is not typical of coronary disease.

Chest pain has many other causes. If you continue to have this pain, it is better to see a health care provider to have a physical exam to pin point the cause of this pain.

|