Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: what are side effects of taking too much phentermine 37.5 in

renleigh - Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:47 pm

I take phentermine 37.5 once a day, today I mistakenly took it twice. What are the side effects or what problems may I face in doing this?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:18 am

User avatar Hi there --

While there is little risk associated with a single instance of double-dosing, one must be very careful to avoid doing this on a regular basis, and if you can avoid use of the drug altogether, all the better, since the medicine does have a history of being relatively unstable and with potential to do harm. Anything you can't safely take twice by accident (or which would cause you to ask such a question) is clearly not an especially safe thing to use at all.

To answer your basic question, you should be fine regarding the one-time oversight. However, the fact that you needed to ask illustrates the reputation of the drug has preceded it and that it's not all that safe in general. I'd encourage anyone to try and find alternative means of losing weight (such as diet and exercise).

I hope this is helpful to you and please follow up with us here if you have any further questions. Good luck to you.

|