News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: Stent Procedure Aftercare

mickyparise - Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi, I had a metal stunt put in last week, 4/3/09, and they went thur my thigh area, my question is, it's been sore and looks a little swollen, and feels tight, and when I stand up for a little, I get dizzy and lightheaded, I have to admit I been walking around and in my house I have to go up steps to go to bed, bathroom, etc, is this tightness, swollen normal?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:41 pm

User avatar Hello --

Your procedure was done almost three weeks ago, but your question was submitted just over a week after it was done. At that time it would be reasonable to have some mild swelling, especially if you've been climbing stairs, walking around, etc. If the swelling is siginicant (and by now it either has gotten better or gotten bad enough for you to seek attention) then you should be seen to make sure there's no bleeding inside the thigh muscle. If it's stabilized since you originally wrote, then it should be fine. For the record, though, it's important that anyone having had an angiogram with or without stent placement stay off his or her feet for a couple days, avoid stairs for about a week, and note and report any unusual swelling as soon as it's noticed. Hopefully by now yours has resolved.
 mickyparise - Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:02 am

Thank you very much Dr. Kenyon. I just had another Stent put in on the 20th of April and now resting like recommended, since they went through the same artery.

Thank You For Your Time,

Micky

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here