News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Heart attack? Throat cancer? Lung cancer?

someguy - Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:02 pm

I have pain in my left-side chest. It feels like a burning/itching/sharp pain. It's been consistent. I get pains in my left arm primarily between elbow and middle/ring fingers. It feels like someone put two wires ,or something in my arm to cause pain.
My wisdom teeth are growing in on my upper/lower left-side jaw( don't have medical/dental insurance right now) causing swelling of gums and pressure on my teeth. As they were growing in I had foul tasting fluid in my mouth. I attempted to put oragel on the tender area....BAD IDEA...caused a cyst-like swelling along my jawline. It has since subsided, but can still feel it a little bit. This wisdom teeth situation kinda sucks, to say the least. I can only chew on one side of my mouth because the upper wisdom tooth is growing -in outwards toward where the lower gum-line meets the cheek causing toothbite imprints and pain. Any food that sticks to my wisdom tooth feels like it slices into the area.......maaaaaaaan.
I've noticed a lump just below my hairline on the back of my neck, left-side. I get headaches mostly on the left-side of my head and feel pressure behind my left eye.
-
-
-
when I feel the pain in my chest I have a habit of grabbing my chest in that area and taking a deep inhale, seems to make it subside. (i smoke)
-
-
-
I also did some heavy lifting 2 years ago and pulled/picked-up a very heavy object the wrong way and hurt my back. The pain felt like someone took a hand-held bicycle pump and injected air into my lower spine. Extreme pressure and could hardly walk. Currently, I'm o.k. but if I push working too hard I can feel the pain start to come back.
-
-
I'm a workaholic, former bad alcoholic, and just either haven't had the time to go to the doctors or had no insurance(for myself) at the time.
-father of four and married ten years, 31 years old

I also have a pains in my throat. right around where the collar bone (in front) meets throat muscles(right along the collar bone) and pain where the muscles on the chest meet the center part of the ribcage. I get a sore/dry throat. It feels like muscle pains. The swallowing muscles.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:32 pm

User avatar Dear someguy,

The pain that you are describing sounds like a muscular pain rather than a cardiac pain and from your history of hurting your back in the past, i would recommend that you have a neck x-ray to make sure that you don't have cervical spine problems that are causing all these symptoms.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here