Question: Heart attack? Throat cancer? Lung cancer?

someguy - Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:02 pm

I have pain in my left-side chest. It feels like a burning/itching/sharp pain. It's been consistent. I get pains in my left arm primarily between elbow and middle/ring fingers. It feels like someone put two wires ,or something in my arm to cause pain.
My wisdom teeth are growing in on my upper/lower left-side jaw( don't have medical/dental insurance right now) causing swelling of gums and pressure on my teeth. As they were growing in I had foul tasting fluid in my mouth. I attempted to put oragel on the tender area....BAD IDEA...caused a cyst-like swelling along my jawline. It has since subsided, but can still feel it a little bit. This wisdom teeth situation kinda sucks, to say the least. I can only chew on one side of my mouth because the upper wisdom tooth is growing -in outwards toward where the lower gum-line meets the cheek causing toothbite imprints and pain. Any food that sticks to my wisdom tooth feels like it slices into the area.......maaaaaaaan.
I've noticed a lump just below my hairline on the back of my neck, left-side. I get headaches mostly on the left-side of my head and feel pressure behind my left eye.
-
-
-
when I feel the pain in my chest I have a habit of grabbing my chest in that area and taking a deep inhale, seems to make it subside. (i smoke)
-
-
-
I also did some heavy lifting 2 years ago and pulled/picked-up a very heavy object the wrong way and hurt my back. The pain felt like someone took a hand-held bicycle pump and injected air into my lower spine. Extreme pressure and could hardly walk. Currently, I'm o.k. but if I push working too hard I can feel the pain start to come back.
-
-
I'm a workaholic, former bad alcoholic, and just either haven't had the time to go to the doctors or had no insurance(for myself) at the time.
-father of four and married ten years, 31 years old

I also have a pains in my throat. right around where the collar bone (in front) meets throat muscles(right along the collar bone) and pain where the muscles on the chest meet the center part of the ribcage. I get a sore/dry throat. It feels like muscle pains. The swallowing muscles.
_________________
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:32 pm

User avatar Dear someguy,

The pain that you are describing sounds like a muscular pain rather than a cardiac pain and from your history of hurting your back in the past, i would recommend that you have a neck x-ray to make sure that you don't have cervical spine problems that are causing all these symptoms.

|