News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Chest pain in Short of breath

Wendy5032 - Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:53 pm

Iam having chest pain in short of breath it started last year i look x-rays,ekg,blood test,2d echo,pulmonary function test,I went to see a lung doctor he said my lugs is find all my test came out normal the only thing my doctor seen is pulmonary granuloma and lymph nodes in the spine but i seen a lung doctor.I don't know want to do. i wake sometimes in body be trembling in i cant catch my breath it like at nite i have short of breath in the day time iam find the chest pain comes in go's when ever. I did hold my bowels for 6 months maybe thats why but i'am useing the bathroom find now but i have some stomach pain some times to. :[/b]
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:50 am

User avatar Dear Wendy,

Shortness of breath has many caused starting from being physically unfit to heart failure and lung failure. It looks that you had many tests that came back normal and the major causes were rulled out.

Your shortness of breath and chest pain can be caused by:
1. Asthmatic attack. Have you had a methacholine challenge test to detect asthma?
2. Reflux disease. i would recommend that you try an over the counter anti-acid.
3. If after everything is tried and you still have these symptoms, these could be symptoms of panic attacks.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here