Question: Chest pain in Short of breath

Wendy5032 - Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:53 pm

Iam having chest pain in short of breath it started last year i look x-rays,ekg,blood test,2d echo,pulmonary function test,I went to see a lung doctor he said my lugs is find all my test came out normal the only thing my doctor seen is pulmonary granuloma and lymph nodes in the spine but i seen a lung doctor.I don't know want to do. i wake sometimes in body be trembling in i cant catch my breath it like at nite i have short of breath in the day time iam find the chest pain comes in go's when ever. I did hold my bowels for 6 months maybe thats why but i'am useing the bathroom find now but i have some stomach pain some times to. :[/b]
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:50 am

User avatar Dear Wendy,

Shortness of breath has many caused starting from being physically unfit to heart failure and lung failure. It looks that you had many tests that came back normal and the major causes were rulled out.

Your shortness of breath and chest pain can be caused by:
1. Asthmatic attack. Have you had a methacholine challenge test to detect asthma?
2. Reflux disease. i would recommend that you try an over the counter anti-acid.
3. If after everything is tried and you still have these symptoms, these could be symptoms of panic attacks.

|