Question: Young Adult with chest/back pain and shortness of breath.

r3dsk4r3 - Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:31 pm

I've been having a problem with being short of breath, not in the sense that I am out of shape, but in the sense that my lungs have somehow shrunken. I feel a dull pain like I am over-filling my lungs whenever I take a deep breath.

I just recently experienced a very sharp pain right where my heart is. It was stabbing and definitely was well below my skin, into my intercostals. It sounds a lot like angina, but I don't think that I have the blockage necessary. At least I hope not. I've had them before but they are fairly rare and I'm not sure if they are related.

I'm in good shape, frequenting the gym for both cardio and weight lifting, so I'm sure I can rule that out. I'm a pretty mellow person, so I don't think its stress related. Despite my health, I have had a few infections in the last several months. I caught something while on vacation from the water (diarrhea, fatigue, nausea), but it ran its course. I also had an ear infection, and then strep throat, which were both treated with antibiotics (amoxicillin) Because of the infections I suspected pleurisy as the source of my pain, but I don't know if they could be related... It seems to be the only thing that fits the description.
 Kathy C, RN - Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:24 pm

Have you been running any fevers and have you seen your physian?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:01 pm

User avatar Dear guest,

i think that your guess is right.

Most probably you had pleurisy.

Your chest pain is not related to coronary blockage in anyway because if it was, you wouldn't have been able to go the to the gym and do your work out and the weigh lifting without having a heart attack.

|