Forum Name: Valvular Heart Diseases

Question: Tricuspid regurgitation and Anxiety Attack

willis - Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:15 am

I was just told I have a minimal heart valve leak (tricuspid regurgitation) and I had a panic/anxiety attack. I had an EKG and chest x ray done and they were fine. But when I had the ECHO done that is when the found the leak. My concern is that I had the attack on 1/21/05 at 10:00 pm and I don't remember any thing about it. The parametics were called that night and they said I was having an anxiety attack. My family informed me of it. We went to the doctor on 1/24/05. But, I am still having some chest pains, I still get confused and my arms and legs feel heavy at times, and I feel fatigued. My blood work was all ok. Should I have more tests run or what? I am ready to get back to my 37 year old self. Should I go see a cardiologist?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:56 pm

User avatar Dear Willis,

Minimal tricuspid regurgitation is nothing to worry about. It is found by echocardiography incidently in absolutely healthy people who got echocardiograms for other reasons.

There is nothing to worry about from the cardiac stand point.

If you don't remember anything about what happened, i recommend that you be further evaluated by a neurologist (if not already done) before pinning it on the anxiety attacks.

And by all means, go back to your 37 years old self without waiting more than that.

|