Forum Name: Arrhythmias

Question: 2 ablations and still not right

canuck - Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:16 pm

:?
I have just had a second ablation because the first seemed to create other HR issues that I did not have previosuly. My resting rate was at about 90 and most days I stayed at 140 - 170. This lasted 6 months with it gradually getting higher and higher. Medications and my body do not get along,,,,I have been on many traditional ones. The second ablation was done 10 days ago and now I have break episodes again ( as I did last time and it took 6 months to catch them sufficiently on a monitor for the doc to believe me) of up to 172. My resting rate is about 56. I am wiped and concerned. I also realize it is soon but I need to know what are the options if this one does not work too.?? Hope this is enough info
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:23 pm

User avatar Dear Canuck,

For what conditions did you have the ablations and what was ablated in both cases?

If you developed atrial fibrillation after the procedure, it could be unrelated to this whatsoever as you mentioned also that you had cardioversion and you are sotalol, so, may be you are just dealing with good old atrial fibrillation/flutter that needs medications.

Please, make sure to check your thyroid tests if not already done.

If you had the 2 ablations for the same condition by the same operator and you think that you need a third procedure, i would suggest that you go to a second operator or to a bigger tertiary referral center.

Waiting for your update.

|