Question: Discomfort in chin

spock0907 - Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:41 pm

i often have pain in the left side of my face, down my chin and arm, i know this is associated with the mitral valve prolaspse. but for several days i have been having the same type of pain (dull ache) in one spot on the bottom of the right side of my chin. unsure if this pain could be related to the mitral valve prolase, vasovagal syncope or that my thyroid is enlarged.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:01 pm

User avatar Dear Spock0907,

Chin pain can be related to cardiac pain as pain from the heart can sometime be referred to the heart. Mitral valve prolapse usually causes atypical chest pain.

Thyroid enlargement is usually painless unless there is an inflammation in the thyroid gland itself.

Vasovagal syncope should not give rise to pain in the chin area.

This sounds more like something related to your teeth most probably. Please, contact your dentist.

|