News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Small 1-2 Second Heart Vibrations

DMac0921 - Wed May 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Good afternoon -

A few days ago, I started experiencing some small buzzing/vibrating in the area of my heart. I have no pain or discomfort, just an odd sensation that comes and goes. It has been happening for the past 4 days. I cannot trigger it on demand, i am not short of breath. It does not seem to have any pattern.

I don't want to jump the gun and go to the ER, I made a cardio appointment, but that is two weeks away.

Any insight would be very much appreciated.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon May 11, 2009 9:57 pm

User avatar Hello --

What you describe is a very common complaint which most often turns up nothing and is a minor mystery in those cases. It's just as well you'll be seeing a cardiologist, as this will offer the best chance to uncover any concrete defects or problems, but my money would definitely be on nothing cardiac in nature, as this is seen so often with no explantion ever discovered. I suspect sometimes it is a muscle in the chest wall having fine spasm (fasiculation) or perhaps in some cases referred gas movement. Again, it is a very common complaint and very rarely winds up having any finding associated whatsoever. Hopefully that will be the case with you as well, and if not, it is at least very unlikely to show up any sort of heart problem. Not impossible it could be a highly atypical symptom of an underlying problem, just unlikely.

I hope this is helfpful. Good luck to you and please update us after your cardiology consult.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here