Question: still feeling strange

dmar - Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:12 pm

My name is Doug and about a year ago I had an LAD dissection. This happened to me when I was working out with the High school wrestling team. I am 43 and had done that before. I had an angioplasty and a stent put in. At the hospital, I was told that I had no evidence of heart disease, the heart looked good, I had no history of high blood pressure
and my cholesterol was measured at 210. The doctors said my anatomy was good and I should recover fully. I have had numerous tests and bloodwork done this year. I have followed my routines and drug therapy, increased my exercise program, had a cardiolyte stress test done, lost weight ect... On all follow up visits, everything looks peachy and on all the tests they have run. I, however, still feel strange at times with various symptoms that occur and I even had my first ever panic attack about 3 months after the heart atttack(dissection). I feel sometimes that i may not get over the doubts that this incident has put in my head and I don't like these little fears that seem to be hanging despite all the good news I am receiving from my doctors. I hope that you don't mind, but I had to get this off of my chest Thank you
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:53 pm

User avatar Dear Doug,

From what you mentioned, it sounds that you are making progress towards recuperation.

If you are increasing your exercise program without problems, this is a very good indicator that you are not getting worse but better.

It is a very good thing that you are losing weight and good about taking medications, etc... So, this means that you are doing everything right and you are not supposed to get worse if you are doing everything that you should be doing.

Having a negative cardiolyte stress test is also a good indicator that there is no residual ischemia and this should make you feel more confident that you are not getting worse but getting better.

Whenever you feel that you need to talk about anything, not just about your illness, you are more than welcome to post it here on the boards.

dmar - Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:59 pm

Thank you Dr, Mokhtar for your reply.
I think that I am getting better also. I still have some bad days were Im wondering if everything is doing OK. I know that it is but sometimes have these doubts that an event like this will leave with you. The only thing that I am having trouble with is that my HDL is still a litle low at 34. I am taking 1000mg of Niaspan and it did bring it up from 28 bot I can't seem to break the 40 barrier.
Thank you for replying

|