News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: still feeling strange

dmar - Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:12 pm

Hi,
My name is Doug and about a year ago I had an LAD dissection. This happened to me when I was working out with the High school wrestling team. I am 43 and had done that before. I had an angioplasty and a stent put in. At the hospital, I was told that I had no evidence of heart disease, the heart looked good, I had no history of high blood pressure
and my cholesterol was measured at 210. The doctors said my anatomy was good and I should recover fully. I have had numerous tests and bloodwork done this year. I have followed my routines and drug therapy, increased my exercise program, had a cardiolyte stress test done, lost weight ect... On all follow up visits, everything looks peachy and on all the tests they have run. I, however, still feel strange at times with various symptoms that occur and I even had my first ever panic attack about 3 months after the heart atttack(dissection). I feel sometimes that i may not get over the doubts that this incident has put in my head and I don't like these little fears that seem to be hanging despite all the good news I am receiving from my doctors. I hope that you don't mind, but I had to get this off of my chest Thank you
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:53 pm

User avatar Dear Doug,

From what you mentioned, it sounds that you are making progress towards recuperation.

If you are increasing your exercise program without problems, this is a very good indicator that you are not getting worse but better.

It is a very good thing that you are losing weight and good about taking medications, etc... So, this means that you are doing everything right and you are not supposed to get worse if you are doing everything that you should be doing.

Having a negative cardiolyte stress test is also a good indicator that there is no residual ischemia and this should make you feel more confident that you are not getting worse but getting better.

Whenever you feel that you need to talk about anything, not just about your illness, you are more than welcome to post it here on the boards.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 dmar - Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:59 pm

Thank you Dr, Mokhtar for your reply.
I think that I am getting better also. I still have some bad days were Im wondering if everything is doing OK. I know that it is but sometimes have these doubts that an event like this will leave with you. The only thing that I am having trouble with is that my HDL is still a litle low at 34. I am taking 1000mg of Niaspan and it did bring it up from 28 bot I can't seem to break the 40 barrier.
Thank you for replying

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here