News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Chest and Back Pain

mousey106 - Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:31 pm

For the last week or so beginning in my shoulder blade area on my left side I began experiencing alot of pain, and thought I had just pulled a muscle or something. Then I thought maybe it was just trapped gas or something so I took some Nexxum but that didn't help much either. The after a few days the pain moved to the center of my back up around the cervical area around the L2 area. I used a Lidoderm pain patch and go no relieve, I used a heating pad for a few days which made it feel better while using it but it didn't stop the pain. Then 2 days ago I began to hurt from my back to the front in my chest, and it hurts to breathe sometimes. Like if I take a breathe, it feels like someone is sitting on my chest. The pain has gotten alot worse. My Family Physician/Pain doctor has ordered an MRI of my back/cervical area. This is really scarey to me . Do you have any idea what it might be? I can't get my MRI until next week :-(
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:37 pm

User avatar Dear Mousey,

From your history and how the pain began and progressed, i think that this chest pain is caused by your back pain.

i hope that your mri went well and that there is nothing that will need surgical intervention.

i think that the dose or the rate of your intrathecal pain pump can be increased in a trial to control the pain.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here