Forum Name: Valvular Heart Diseases

Question: Heat Intolerance and Aortic Stenosis?

onecorgi - Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:09 pm

Is there a relationship between my moderate AS and my intolerance to heat?

I can get overheated in a room around 80 degrees F especially if I have just eaten. I can no longer golf in the afternoon and had to leave my daughters graduation last week.

My sypmptoms are feeling overheated and lack of normal mental capacity and frustration. My blood presssure and pulse are normal when this happens but my normal capacity to think takes hours/days to return. I have caught it one time and went into my car for 40 minutes with the a/c on and avoided the "wiped out" feeling.

My thyroid (TSH) levels are normal.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:55 pm

User avatar Dear guest,

i do not think that there is a relation between heat intolerance and aortic stenosis unless what you really are experiencing is a sensation of fatigue. Fatigue is of course one of the manifestations of aortic stenosis.

|