News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: Chest Paint

relax - Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:35 pm

Well I am 15 years old (preety young huh?) I could say im about 5 to 10 pounds over weight i have never had any health problems or anything really severe happen to me physically in my life. The only thing i have had since iwas little was a Moto Tick, which i don't know if might be part of these pains but well ok, These pains started happening about 1 month ago and for the last 5 months i have had anxiety so my mother and my doctor says. I feel these strange pains in my chest that feel sort of sharp or might be different everytime.They come at random and really last about from 15 seconds to a minute. Maybe i might feel like an after affect for alittle longer later. I have had an EKG done and many other tests for my brain and other things that might be provoking the pains, they all came out clear. I even had a heart monitor straped for 24 hours and that came out all clear too. My mother says that this is just being provoked from stress and says that playing to many impacting video games for a few hours might be stressing me out specially since im a teenager. I just wanted to see if these are any symptoms to this i have kind of noticed that when i really think about it and am nervous about it coming the pains come and they usually only happen during the night out of school and come randomly like i said. I thank you for ur time and if u think im just a scared kid with nothing to worry please just say so :wink: but i am very concious of this and it makes me nervous.[/b]
 relax - Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:39 pm

Also if u need more information on wut kind of pain it is. It is different everytime usually it might be a sharp main in the right side of my pain for a few second or i might feel alot of pressure on my and it also happens on the right side of my chest. Maybe a headache cause im so nervous of it hapeninig again.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:24 pm

User avatar Dear Relax,

From the description of the pain that you mentioned, it is not consistent with the characteristics of the pain of coronary disease. At your young age, frequent atypical chest pains, especially if associated with palpitations are suspisious for a condition called mitral valve prolapse which is a very common condition that just has to be watched.

i would recommend that you have an echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart) done to rule this condition out. Otherwise, i think that there is nothing to worry about.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here