Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: Sharp Chest Pains

JadeHouse - Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:47 am

Doctors Lounge,

I'm an 18 year old male and have been having very sharp chest pains that last for about one to two seconds and no more... they occur once or twice every other day usually, but sometimes not for weeks. I work as a web developer a LOT, and am under a lot of stress usually... don't get much exercise (everybodys telling me its that, but...). It's so rare I don't bother to look into it, but when it does hit for that one second, its a painful one.

Thanks so much.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:01 am

User avatar Hi JadeHouse,
Are the chest pains accompanied by any other symptoms? Do these occur during episodes of extreme stress? If there are no other symptoms which accompany these attacks and they occur during stressful periods I would be more inclined to consider this the problem.
 JadeHouse - Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:57 pm

They happen when im not under stress, too. It's totally random. I have a dizziness problem thats rather common, and phobias that seem to be growing rather fast... but after seeing many doctors about it im being told it could be an inner ear disorder, so im not connecting it to this.
 Misteh - Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:03 pm

I'm a 15 year old girl and I've experienced a few chest pains. I have no history of any medical problems or anything of the sort but I've had these bad chest pains. They come at random times. Encluding just a few minutes ago. The worst it's gotten.
I could barely breathe and it brought me to the point where I begun to cry. I remember about a year ago I got my blood taken and my doctor told me to come back in when I was at 100% health to take another test because there was an irregularity. I have yet gone in because anytime I had remembered I was sick in bed.
I'm always the first In my family to catch any cold or illness.
What could this be?

-Misteh

Jbagirl - Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:50 am

I am a 31 year old female in fairly good health. For the past week I have had heart palpations, a feeling of loss of breath with the heart "thuds" and a strange metallic taste in my mouth that makes causes nausea. I have a what I would call a pressure that comes and goes by my breast bone. I have had a slight fever with this also! Any help appreciated :)

|