Question: Dizziness, headaches, pain in hands and wrists

lbg - Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:01 pm

I am curious if any of my symptoms are related to my heart. about 7 mos ago i began having very bad neck pain every morning when i woke up. shortly after, i began having dizzy spells with severe headaches. The dizziness has more or less turned into cloudiness/feeling funny spells that 7 mos later are still occuring. They will occur for a couple days at a time on and off, disappear and show up weeks later. the headaches have been pretty constant, but do come and go as well, but thankfully are not as severe as they were initially. a couple months after all that started, i began have joint pain throughout my body but most predominantly in my hands and wrists. it almost feels like nerves are constantly firing in my hands, when it is at its worst. But like all my other symtoms, this pain comes and goes. Currently it is better, but far from gone. I have also been having heart burn more than usual. Basically my body has been completely out of whack! I have been to doctors and all my blood work has come back normal which is good, but nevertheless, my symptoms remain. i am only 24 years old so the likelihood of a heart problems causing this probably isn't the case. However, I just want to be thorough, and am frustrated that we have found no answers. it is worth mentioning i was on vioxx for a few months right before all this began. if you have any advice as to what steps to take next, it is greatly appreciated!
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:44 pm

User avatar Dear lbg,

These symptoms can all be due to a virus infection that is just lingering on for too long and it is going to eventually get better (can't tell when).

i don't think that your symptoms are related to heart disease.

i recommend that you see an ear nose and throat specialist if you have not already done so.

Was the mri that you had an mri of the head or of the neck and was the neck stiffness ever looked at with imaging techniques?

|