Question: Chest Pain 28 years old.

Steelers1981 - Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:12 pm

I am 28 years old 6'0 210 have had chest pain on left side for close to 4 years now . The pain is right where my ribs meet my breast bone and sometimes a little higher up farther to left. I have been to ER over 15 times in the past 4 years EKG"s, Ct scans where they injected dye into me or whatever. I also have had x-rays alot of blood work and a Nuclear Stress Test and not 1 single test ever came back with the slightest abnormality. The pain is on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst is like a 1-2 I notice it there and thats about it. The pain does not take my breath away or is not brought on by and physical activity it's just there and sometimes i feel it in diffrent spots on my arm like my hand or my forearm. The pain orginated after i got off of a roller coaster, well atleast the first time I experienced the pain. I am kind of lost on what to do next the Dr's really don't think it is cardiac related at all and this pain has stressed me out very bad because I personally think it is cardiac but I have no other signs except the sharp stabbing pain it's almost like an ache. i figured i would come on here and get some opinions and go from there.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:34 am

User avatar Hello,From your history,and clinical picture you seem to be suffering from myofascial pain syndrome.This is charcterised by muscle pains of different sets of muscles.There are generally trigger points.The patients may also suffer from depression.In the absence of any organic disese this may be the primary diagnosis.Costochondritis aso may cause similar features but the pain is elicited at points where the ribs meet the sternum.The treatment is with anti inflammatory drugs.But do get your self examined in any episode of pain to make sure there are no organic problems.Best wishes.
 Steelers1981 - Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:02 pm

I noticed since I been working out and losing weight pain has preety much gone away. My blood pressure has also dropped down to usually when I take it 120/78 or 80 ish. I have not taken a bp reading like that in a few years.
 Steelers1981 - Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:28 am

I correct my posture and been working out 3 days per week. This seems to have worked which is preety amazing to me. It has seemed to lower my bp tremendously also. I been eating very healthy as well, seems to be a big factor.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:53 am

User avatar Hello,Good to hear that you have recovered.Keep up the good work and do continue with exercise.Ok?

|