Question: Just started taking Inderal

walkerk12 - Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:39 pm

I have been on 10 mg of Inderal twice a day for 5 days. Yesterday I only took one of the 10 mg pills around 8 pm.

It has been giving me really bad heartburn and so I want to stop it completely.

Is it OK for me to stop it entirely right away, because I've only been on it a short amount of time? I tried to call my endo (it was prescribed to me for hyperthyroidism) but they're not calling back.

I want to take one right now, because I feel dizzy, just like I did last night right before I took it. I was trying to stop them completely yesterday.

The weird thing is my blood pressure is low...and my heart rate is normal, so I didn't think going off of them would be a problem.

What should I do?

Also...I have been having this weird tight feeling in my chest since I've been taking it, which was another reason I wanted to stop. What could that possibly be?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:46 am

User avatar Hi walkerk12,
It is never advisable to stop a drug such as this without consulting your doctor. Inderal is generally well tolerated although there are side effects experienced by some people. Most of them are quite mild. Some of the rare side effects are fatigue, nausea, lightheadedness, slow heart rate, low blood pressure, numbness, tingling, etc. etc. My suggestion to you is if you are having difficulty talking to your healthcare provider when you call, tell the receptionist (or whom ever answers their telephone calls) that you will wait on hold until you can speak with your doctor. Again I would discourage abrupty stopping this medication before talking to your doctor.

|