Forum Name: Heart Failure

Question: Strong, squeezing pain in the centre of my chest?

moonlight_caster - Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:46 pm

I am a 21 year old female with an average BMI, however I should become more fit.

I was playing tennis, my heart was beating faster due to the exercise. I went to pick up a ball from the ground but instantly after I rose back up I experienced a strong, squeezing pain in the centre of my chest and it spread deep around the middle of my chest. It lasted for about 10 seconds.
There was a lot of pressure in the chest area where I felt the pain and afterwards I felt a slight burning sensation in my left outer ear.

Was this a heart attack? Could I get a heart attack with these symptoms?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:53 am

Cardiac pain is pain typically radiates to the lower jaw or the left upper limb.But, atypical presentations do occur ofen.
As ischemic heart disease is tending to affect more and more younger individuals of late.i suggest that you must get a check up with a specialist in cardiology and exclude any cardiac cause. Good luck!

|