News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Hypertension

Question: PIH, still having high bp 13 weeks pp, dr says no problems

corvallis - Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:02 am

From 34 weeks till my induction and delivery at 38 weeks due to mild pre e, my bp ranged from 140-160 over 90-110. Now at 13 weeks pp it has seemed to settle to 150/90. Im still seeing the same floaters as when I was hospitalised, as well as the pressure headaches and numbness of the left side of the face. I have been to the Dr's 3 times for foamy urine thinking it was a uti. Tests came back neg for nitrates but positive for wbc and protein. My left calf above the ankle is still puffy but my Dr doesn't seem concerned. In fact she doesn't seem worried at all. Is it ok for my bp to stay at 150/90? I feel not too bad getting some hot back pain, but don't want to do myself any damage. My Dr says I must have a uti (which is causing the wbc and protein) but that it must be a rare type of bacteria (which is why tests are always coming back neg). I just don't know what to do. If 150/90 is just going to be my normal bp reading and the number is fine then I'll just move on :) Thanks.
26 yr female, healthy weight and lifestyle.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:56 am

User avatar Hi corvallis,
Generally speaking when a urinalysis is done to evaluate for a urinary tract infection an additional test, culture and sensitivity is also sometimes performed. Additional diagnostic tests that may be considered for the evaluation of protein in the urine is a 24 hour urine. If you were diagnosed with a UTI were you prescribed an antibiotic? If your blood pressure remains elevated I would suggest you about a referral to a cardiologist. Best wishes!
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here