Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: baby aspirin + omega 3 fish oil

baluss - Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:27 pm

Dear Dr. Is that good to have baby aspirin (81mg) a day and also omeaga 3 fish oil a day.
Thanks for your help.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:23 pm

User avatar Hello -- There's basically no problem with taking both the baby aspirin and the omega-3 oil, although in some individuals this can cause a slight increased bleeding tendency, not usually enough to be unsafe, but may show up as increased bleeding from shaving nicks, etc. This doesn't happen in everyone, it just depends on individual blood chemistry. Hope this helps.
 baluss - Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:51 pm

Thank you very much John. It was a great help. I was confused because is both are blood thinner like that. I'm 49 year old Male and no heart problems. From 2004 every year I do Stress echo. 2004 - Stress Thallium, 2005 Stress test, 2006 December I took 64slice in India and again 2007 another Stress thalliums and again 2008 September stress echo. The results are always normal. But don't know it is psychological or not sure that I feel that I’m having chest pain. Is that necessary that I have to take stress test every year. My blood work all well and with in the range. Except this time the triglycerides- is 175. Also the 64 slice result in Dec2006 has very mild plaque and mild calcium and my total eft was 57%.

I have been taking baby aspirin for more than 5 years. Since my triglycerides is high I thought of taking omega 3 fish oil which I bought Kirkland brand from Costco.

I will be really grateful if you could suggest me that I should go for stress test every year.

Thanks once again for the help

|