News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Ischemic Heart Disease

Question: Is bypass required?

Ravinder K Arora - Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:12 am

I am 62 years old , non-smoker, non alcoholic, vegeterian and suffered acute Myocardial Infraction on 31st January, 2005. I had acute interior wall infraction at night around 11:30 PM after attending a party outside home in very cold environment after whole day exertion.
Before that I had off and on pain in the back followed by vomiting and was admitted to hospital.
I got changes in all the leads in ECG from B1 to B6. I am Non Diabetic and mild hypersensitive and underwent various tests which indicate Hb 13, Cholestrol =210, HDL=60, LDL=60, Treponin i=0.4ng, CRP=7.5, Forced vital capacity is decreased, oxygen saturation 95%, ventricle ejection fraction=46%. Streptokines was given after 12 hours, but ECG showed ventrical ectopics after giving the Streptokines. Presently I am undergoing the conventional medicines.
I have also undergone echo test three days back, and a small clot has been detected in left ventricle. For last three days I have started taking Austrin tablet containing Nicoumalone (2mg and 1mg alternate day – anti coagulant).

I just wanted to take a second opinion. Do I require a bypass surgery?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:42 pm

User avatar Dear Ravinder,

i think that you should start by having a coronary angiogram but since you have a clot in your left ventricle, there will be no dye injection in the left ventricle to visualize it (ventriculography) because of the risk of causing defragmentation of the clot and embolization which might lead to a stroke or other complications.

If the coronary angiogram shows that you have left main disease or 3 vessels disease, then a bypass is needed.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here