News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Blood under the skin

FINALFOLD30 - Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:35 pm

I noticed a small V shaped blood blister on my arm the other day and it has me concerned. I am 30 years old and in good health and this mark on my arm almost looks like a small hickie that would normally appear on the neck. It is starting to dissapear but I am wondering what can cause this type of mark? Is it safe to not seek medical attention? It doesn't hurt or cause any annoyances but I just havent seen this type of blood blister before so I wanted to see if someone could give me an idea of what it is and whats it cause from.

THanks,

C
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:51 am

User avatar Hello,Extravasation of blood in to the skin can be a very simple one like a minor trauma.Rarely other problems like scurvey due to vitaminC deficiency and blood cell related diseases mostly due to platelet related diseases,blood vessel disorders,and bleeding disorders like hemophilia.Lack of vitK and liver disorders do cause bleeds in the skin.Allergic purpuras are also well known.Drug induced purpuras due to heparin are also met in practice.Old people get senile purpuras.With your good general health there may not be much to worry,all the same a CBC may be required just to make sure.Ok?Bestwishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here