News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Heart Failure

Question: testosterone replacement therapy and congestive heart failur

skm777 - Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:50 pm

I am 33 yrs old and in last 2 years ive used testosterone/steroid supplements to enhance my physique for training purposes.also my cycles were generally 10 wks on and 2 wk off cycles. approx. 2 mos ago i was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and an enlarged heart. I believe this condintion is due at least in part to the steroid use. I now have low testosterone levels and wanted to know would it be safe for me to use replacement therapy doses of testosterone now with congestive heart failure? I am on medication for high blood pressure and everything seems to be under control
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:39 pm

User avatar Hi there -- While testosterone generally is safe for most people to use, given your unusual cardiac history and how you got it, I would definitely recommend you have clearance by a cardiologist before resuming use of testosterone. If this is a problem then it is really a problem, since testosterone was a companion to other hormones (steroids) which caused the very serious problem you now have "under control." You can't afford to embark on any self-medication. You need to let yourself be guided by a cardiologist when considering embarking on any new chemical enhancements.

Straight up. Don't fool around. Hope this is helpful. Good luck to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here