Forum Name: Heart Failure

Question: testosterone replacement therapy and congestive heart failur

skm777 - Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:50 pm

I am 33 yrs old and in last 2 years ive used testosterone/steroid supplements to enhance my physique for training purposes.also my cycles were generally 10 wks on and 2 wk off cycles. approx. 2 mos ago i was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and an enlarged heart. I believe this condintion is due at least in part to the steroid use. I now have low testosterone levels and wanted to know would it be safe for me to use replacement therapy doses of testosterone now with congestive heart failure? I am on medication for high blood pressure and everything seems to be under control
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:39 pm

User avatar Hi there -- While testosterone generally is safe for most people to use, given your unusual cardiac history and how you got it, I would definitely recommend you have clearance by a cardiologist before resuming use of testosterone. If this is a problem then it is really a problem, since testosterone was a companion to other hormones (steroids) which caused the very serious problem you now have "under control." You can't afford to embark on any self-medication. You need to let yourself be guided by a cardiologist when considering embarking on any new chemical enhancements.

Straight up. Don't fool around. Hope this is helpful. Good luck to you.

|