News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: Heart or chest pain still intact

relax - Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:11 pm

Well i had posted here a a month or two ago with my problems i had been having. (Chest or heart pains, shortness of breath or anxiety). I went to the doctor and did have a ultrasound exam of the heart, im sure or think they said it wall clear or things look good. They said since i have done practically every test even having a 24 haulter i should be fine. They told me i would be running 1 or 2 final exams, A stress test exam and something else with ym lungs on a trend mill also. The doctor said that what this could probally be is just muscle tension around the heart or something of the sort but nothing to worry about. The thing is i am still getting it its like sometimes when i breathe in i might feel a pain there or a sort of sharp pain hard to describe or sometimes i just might feel paine there out of no where. Again i am 15 years old bout 5 to 7 pounds overweight really 5,5 never had any health conditions of any sort and thats about it. Also i think i have kind of experienced sort of a heart burn sensation sometimes after eating greasy foods. I hope i am not turning into a hipochondriac or how ever you might spell it. :cry: I would just like to be healthy the same way i had been before about a year ago. O and no , no one in my family has past record of heart diesease or heart related problems.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:03 pm

User avatar Dear Relax,

Thank you very much for the update.

You should have mentioned the heart burn before as one of the causes of chest pain is acid reflux disease. Try over the counter antiacid medications and see if this is going to be helpful.

i don't think that the stress test that you are going to have is going to add any more information to your case. It is going to be negative most probably.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 relax - Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:34 pm

Ty. I just didntthink kids my age could get acid reflex disease the thing is also sometimes i feel dizzy like i turn my head to swifty and i might feel like i could lose my balance ima try that ty for ur time and yea any idea why i might get like a dizzy feeling like that.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here