Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: Heart or chest pain still intact

relax - Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:11 pm

Well i had posted here a a month or two ago with my problems i had been having. (Chest or heart pains, shortness of breath or anxiety). I went to the doctor and did have a ultrasound exam of the heart, im sure or think they said it wall clear or things look good. They said since i have done practically every test even having a 24 haulter i should be fine. They told me i would be running 1 or 2 final exams, A stress test exam and something else with ym lungs on a trend mill also. The doctor said that what this could probally be is just muscle tension around the heart or something of the sort but nothing to worry about. The thing is i am still getting it its like sometimes when i breathe in i might feel a pain there or a sort of sharp pain hard to describe or sometimes i just might feel paine there out of no where. Again i am 15 years old bout 5 to 7 pounds overweight really 5,5 never had any health conditions of any sort and thats about it. Also i think i have kind of experienced sort of a heart burn sensation sometimes after eating greasy foods. I hope i am not turning into a hipochondriac or how ever you might spell it. :cry: I would just like to be healthy the same way i had been before about a year ago. O and no , no one in my family has past record of heart diesease or heart related problems.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:03 pm

User avatar Dear Relax,

Thank you very much for the update.

You should have mentioned the heart burn before as one of the causes of chest pain is acid reflux disease. Try over the counter antiacid medications and see if this is going to be helpful.

i don't think that the stress test that you are going to have is going to add any more information to your case. It is going to be negative most probably.

relax - Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:34 pm

Ty. I just didntthink kids my age could get acid reflex disease the thing is also sometimes i feel dizzy like i turn my head to swifty and i might feel like i could lose my balance ima try that ty for ur time and yea any idea why i might get like a dizzy feeling like that.

|