Question: Chest/Neck Discomfort & Headache

Janbo25 - Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:24 am

Hi, I recently had a baby 7 weeks ago and since then I have had bad discomfort to the righthand side of my chest, which doesn't hurt to touch and doesn't affect my breathing (a PE as been rulled out, i have had a chest xray and VQ scan), the pain feels more like a stitch after you have been running etc. the achingness also travels around into my neck where it feels very achy and I've also been having slight headaches mainly to the righthand side but sometimes all over which feel more like pressure rather than a shooting/sharp pain.
I have had a bllod test done at the doctors which showed that my ESR was up, which I believe means there is some inflamation??

can anyone shed anylight onto what might be the cause??
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:20 pm

User avatar Dear Janbo25,

i think that your symptoms might be caused by either a gall bladder problem or a neck problem.

i would recommend that you have a neck x-ray and an ultrasound of the gall bladder.

Janbo25 - Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:38 pm

hi many thanks for replying, please can you give me more info re the gall bladder i was unaware that the gallbladder may cause these symptoms??
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:07 pm

User avatar Dear Janbo25,

Gall bladder can cause right sided chest pain at the junction of the abdomen and the chest and the pain is referred to the right shoulder and sometimes neck area. Sometimes, the pain is in the central chest area as well and can sometimes be confused even with cardiac pain.

|