Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Veins in the back of my leg

cowboysfan - Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:33 am

i have several veins that has popped out of the back of my left leg and now my leg is swollen and it hurts all the way down to my ankle. no matter if i prop it up or what it still falls asleep and i have to keep getting up to get it to go away but it hurts some to walk on it. I am not sure what i need to do.

Thanks,
Mary
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:52 am

User avatar Hi cowboysfan,
Leg swelling, warmth, pain during walking, pain in the calf when toes are drawn upward toward the chest, may indicate a blood clot in the leg. Although other conditons for example, varicose veins can cause some of these symptoms, any sudden leg swelling accompanied by pain and redness warrants urgent medical attention.

|