Forum Name: Arrhythmias

Question: Irregular heart beat followed by fainting

sdv - Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:49 am

a couple hours ago I had irregular heart beats that sort of traveled up to my brain (I could feel it in waves) that made me more and more dizzy until i fainted. I'm fine now but it really rattled me and I was wondering if I should be really worried.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:57 pm

User avatar Hello -- It's impossible to diagnose what happened at a distance, but given the fact you fainted I would definitely be seen for this and have a 12-lead EKG, echocardiogram and possibly tilt-table test, just to determine what may have happened. Fainting is never good, even if it's due to a basically harmless cause, since one can bang one's head on something on the way down. Other than that we'd want to know just what caused this, and anything of a serious nature should be readily detectable via the EKG and echocardiogram. This could easily have been one of those one-time freak things, or it could be the start of a new pattern you really don't need to have happening.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck to you and please follow up with us here as needed.

|