Question: Cramps in upper chest

ximannyfreshix - Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:40 pm

My name is Manny, im a 21 male 5'10" about 200 pounds. For about 2-3 years now I've just been working and hanging out at my house. I wanted to start working out so I decided to start with some cardio. When I started running I was fine but then after about 5 minutes I started to get this really weired chest pain almost like a cramp but nowhere else. Just in my chest. I stopped running and it didn't go away for like half an hour. So my question is, is it possible for people to only get cramps in their upper chest?
I mean, I know I havent worked out in a while but this upper chest cramp is really wierd and it's happend both times ive tried to run.
Thanks,
Manny
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:51 am

User avatar Dear Manny,

You don't have any major risk factors for coronary disease. Your chest pain might sound typical. The probability of this chest pain be due to coronary disease is low.

To start an exercise program, you have to be checked by a health care professional and then an exercise program started.

You can not start from zero to cardio, it has to be in slow increments and gradually.

|