Question: Anxiety/panic attacks *Sharp spasm pain under my left..

Emzzy - Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:23 pm

Wonder if anyone could help me. Ive had this sharp pain for years ever since i was at school, its really sharp and its under my left breast, its a pain that is worrying because it feels serious. I have anxiety attacks because i used to smoke gear in the past thats why i have now got my anxiety attacks. Dose anyone have a clue why i get theses sharp pain like a spasm, which only last 3-5 seconds. Ive had this pain before i even smoked fags. Its a pain that can cripple you for only like 3-5 or more seconds but it dose feel serious and its had to try and not bring on an anxiety because of it. Please help as it is worrying me. :?

Thankyou :)

Emma

Email :- emzzyjane@hotmail.com
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm

User avatar Dear Emma,

Females of the child bearing age are naturally protected against coronary disease unless they have had major risk factors for coronary artery disease for years. The characteristics of the pain are atypical as compared to those of pain caused by coronary disease. So, the probability of this pain be due to coronary disease is very low.

Mitral valve prolapse is a heart condition known to cause atypical chest pain. It can be diagnosed by an ultrasound of the heart and needs to be watched and followed-up.

Other causes might be acid reflux disease, pain originating from the chest wall such as muscle spasms and rib pain and anxiety attacks.

|