Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: numbness and heaviness in hands and arms

shericalaway - Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:47 am

experiencing numbness and feeling of heaviness in hands and arms, particularly left side. Have had all kinds of "nerve" tests resulting in normal. I have very high cholestrol and yet only weigh 128 lbs, 5'4". I have had EKG and stress test for heart, all normal. Every test I have is normal. I have similar numbness in my face, around nose and mouth area. It isn't going away. One doctor said I had MS, then did all the tests, including mri, and said I did not have MS. Something is clearly wrong, as I experience the numbness constantly in hands and arms, particularly left side. Please advice.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:10 am

User avatar I feel like I ask the same question to ever person who has numbness lately but ... I guess I am.

Have you had any blood work done for RA factor, MS, Lupus, c-reactive protein, etc? If not, have your doctor order complete blood workup for those plus organ function tests and than go to a Neurologist or a Rheumatologist with your results.

They can test and rule out so many thing in blood work, that is the place you should start if you haven't done so. Make the appntmnt first so that you can get it, they usually have quite a waiting list to get in to see them. They will be happy that you thought ahead, ask your general physician what other tests you can get done ahead of time to bring in for your appointment.

|