Question: How long does it take for a heart problem to develop?

Vampyre - Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:44 pm

I went to a cardio specialist a couple of months ago and my ECG and blood pressure was fine. I have a slyght arythmia but was told nothing serious and that I did not have to return unless I felt it necessary. I am having left arm and shoulder pain, how long does it take for a heart problem to develop? I suffer from hiatus hernia and obesity but have lost 30 pounds already. I also take various medications for the hernia and to treat the obesity causes, have frequent diarrea. Could this cause a heart attack?

please reply

thanks
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:55 am

User avatar Dear Vampyre,

You don't have any major risk factors to have a heart attack and the pain that you have is atypical, so the probability that you might have a heart attack is very low.

The pain that you have might be related to the hiatus hernia or other causes such as neck spine problems.

|