Question: left shoulder pain, chest tightness

jeeper - Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:15 pm

i am a 35 yo female that has recently been experiencing pain in my left shoulder. the pain seems to start almost in my armpit and radiate up around my shoulder. i have also been having tightness in my chest that makes me feel like i can't take a deep breath.
i have not had any injury or trauma to my shoulder. should i be concerned about this or is this just something that comes with getting older.
 Bernadette - Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:48 pm

Dear jeeper,This is not something that comes with getting older.(By the way,35 is definitely not"getting older")Your symptoms should be evaluated by your doctor.He/she will probably do a cardiogram to start,listen to your heart and lungs,and see what other tests you might need.Do you have a family history of heart disease,have you had your cholesterol checked,do you smoke?Your doctor will also consider stress/anxiety and problems like asthma.Don't assume you know what the symptoms mean,and don't ignore them.Hope this is some help.