"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Valvular Heart Diseases

Question: 2 heart murmurs

anniebee2000 - Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:37 am

I thought I posted this yesterday, but must have not done it properly as cannot see it anywhere.
My 13 yr old daughter has been diagnosed with 2 heart murmurs caused by leaking valves. We went to the cardiologist as she has been complaining of getting breathless climbing stairs, hills and so on. We go for the exercise test on Friday. The cardiologist said that this would not cause her breathlessness, but from reading other posts on this site it looks like it could do???
On Friday I will ask if the leakage is mild or what degree, as he didn´t say.
Can anybody tell me if leaages can get worse and whether this could be the cause of the breathlessness.

Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed May 18, 2005 8:07 pm

User avatar Dear Annie,

The answer to both of your questions is depending on what are the valves involved, what is the cause behind the leak and what is the degree of the leak, the leak can cause the breathlessness and can get worse.

Thank you very much for using our website and i hope that this information helped.