Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Blood clot in the lung

Joline - Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:21 pm

I was admitted in the hospital this past sunday for possible blood clot on the lung....they first took blood test to check for abnormal blood clotting, which they did find an abnormality, but not a huge one. So they gave me a shot of blood thinner in my abdomen, and then gave me an xray of the chest, found nothing, they measured my legs, and one seemed larger then the other, so they gave me an ultrasound on my left leg, and found no clots, and then they gave me a CT scan, and found nothing in my lungs, but.......said I may have pleuracy, but was not sick in any form, the doc said it may be a sign of it on coming......which he was right, I am now full blown sick with runny nose and cough *OUCH*, what my concern is that I still have pains in mt chest and pains in my upper left thigh. They are sharp pains in my leg, and chest. They are not constant, they just come and go. I was wondering if I should go get checked out again for clots?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:27 am

User avatar Hi Joline,
Pleurisy can cause significant chest wall pain. However, when your ultrasound was performed was your lower leg evaluated or your thigh as well? Also since you stated you had blood level abnormality which required a blood thinner, were you prescribed a regimen that included daily aspirin, coumadin, or any other medication? Blood clots can be very dangerous and a re-evaluation is certainly warranted.

|