Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: Multiple Symptoms for 4 weeks+ Help

Davidf - Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:59 pm

Hi my name is David I am 22 male from Houston, Texas.

Since March 13th I have had many wierd symptoms. I can give a good timeline of how things progressed.

March 13th - After eating dinner I experience a painfull tightness in my chest just left of the center of my chest under my breast whenever I took in a deep breath.

March 14th-16th - The tightness/pain in my chest seemed to come and go. It was not always in the same spot. It was sometimes on the center/left of my chest, sometimes on the lower right almost into my abdomen. Occasionaly my left ear would ache and be so sensative to the touch it was extremly painful to touch it or rub it at all.

March 17th - I go to the emergency room because while sitting in a chair I found myself taking very deep breath's and the uncomfortable tightness/pain in my chest came back. I went thru Blood Pressure Test, EKG, A X-Ray of my chest from 3 different angles and a oxygen level test. Nothing abnormal returned and the doctor subscribed me some motorin IB and vicoden and sent me home saying it could be inflamation.

March 17th- April 10th - The symptoms remain the same nothing extremly painful though.

April 11-13th - Along with the normal pains and discomfort ive been feeling for the last 3 weeks suddenly while sitting at my office desk a pain shoots thru my armpit down to my wrist on my Right side. Its extremly uncomforttable but only lasts a minute. The next day a simular pain shoots down my left arm and this continues to happen on and off. Also at one point a sudden pain shot up to my head and was extremly intense but went away in under 30 seconds.

Im worried and I will be making another trip to the doctor tommrow but does anyone have any idea what could be going on? Any help, advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

David - Davidandjessica@sbcglobal.net
 LCastro - Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:56 am

Hi there, I registered after reading this post because I am having similar symptoms.

My ear doesn't hurt to the touch, but it sometimes feels like I have a sharp pain in my left inner ear and it hurts behind my ear lobe..

I feel little pains all throughout the chest area, nothing too intense, but noticeable and they only last for a few seconds..

I've also had an ECG, Chest X-Rays, and Blood Tests done to see if the enzymes were too high indicating damage to the heart but all of that came back normal..

I've recently been having panic attacks but I'm not sure whether it's connected. Either way, I'm really worried, as I'm sure you are so hopefully if either one of us finds something out we can let the other one know..

Good luck man..

Larry
 Davidf - Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:09 pm

Thanks LCastro if I found out anything I will post it on here.

Also, today I developed a sore throat on the right side of my throat I don't know if it is related but that just started today after being awake for a few hours
 maiden75 - Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:11 pm

Ive had the same thing...i think its just a pinched nerve somewhere. that would explain the shooting pains, the pain when breathing deeply...all the nerves in your neck/chest/arm, etc all run together, you know? don't worry....if you do, you will get panic attacks like i have and it will get worse, we just have to relax :lol:
 LCastro - Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:22 pm

maiden75 wrote:Ive had the same thing...i think its just a pinched nerve somewhere. that would explain the shooting pains, the pain when breathing deeply...all the nerves in your neck/chest/arm, etc all run together, you know? don't worry....if you do, you will get panic attacks like i have and it will get worse, we just have to relax :lol:

I really hope that's all it is maiden... 8)
 maiden75 - Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:09 pm

i think it's insane how many of us have all these crazy symptoms, yet doctors can find nothing wrong....could it really be all in our heads??? it seems that most people never find the reasons for these types of things....i think i just need to get in shape... :P
 LCastro - Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:52 pm

Yeah it is insane, and there's nothing you can do but wait between each visit to find out what's going on. It's like a guessing game with doctors.. They narrow it down until they THINK they know what's wrong.. :?
 maiden75 - Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:52 am

that's the truth...i really do feel that it is anxiety related, it's weird how your body and mind relate to eachother. I was reading a story somewhere about tis old man who had headaches, stmach illnesses, pain, aches, you name it. He had these things his whole life and was convinced he had a different disease every week, and it turned out it was nothing except stress and anxiety. The studies on med students who believe they are experiencing stuff they are studying at the time is weird too. Bizarre.....ok im rambling on now....gotta go get the new bls cd.... :twisted:
 Davidf - Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:24 pm

History: Pleurodynia is characterized by an acute onset of chest pain. Attacks of intense, excruciating pain typically last for seconds to a minute and occur in episodes separated by minutes to hours. If the attacks are severe, the patients may complain of difficulty breathing. The thoracic pain is usually over the lower ribs, laterally, but they can also occur over the front, back, or substernal areas. Between attacks, patients usually have persistent, dull pleuritic chest pain. The attacks usually last for 3-5 days, rarely for more than a month, and a patient may experience phases of remission and exacerbation.

Associated symptoms related to the viral infection may include the following:
Upper respiratory tract symptoms, including sore throat, rhinitis, and dry cough
Constitutional symptoms, including headaches (50%), fever, and malaise
GI symptoms, including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea (50%), and in children, abdominal pain (usually in the epigastric area)
Testicular pain (ie, orchitis) in 10% of males

This might be it
 LCastro - Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:48 pm

maiden75 wrote:that's the truth...i really do feel that it is anxiety related, it's weird how your body and mind relate to eachother. I was reading a story somewhere about tis old man who had headaches, stmach illnesses, pain, aches, you name it. He had these things his whole life and was convinced he had a different disease every week, and it turned out it was nothing except stress and anxiety. The studies on med students who believe they are experiencing stuff they are studying at the time is weird too. Bizarre.....ok im rambling on now....gotta go get the new bls cd.... :twisted:

Black Label Society? Suicide Messiah is the best song from the album in my opinion.. But over all, it does kick ass! : :twisted:

Davidf, sounds really close to what I am feeling..
 maiden75 - Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:33 am

yep, bls...i love zakk :P megadeth, metallica, maiden, ozzy, bls, pantera, love em all! you into metal i take it...[/img][/url]
 LCastro - Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:06 pm

maiden75 wrote:yep, bls...i love zakk :P megadeth, metallica, maiden, ozzy, bls, pantera, love em all! you into metal i take it...[/img][/url]

Sure am!! :D

|