News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Valvular Heart Diseases

Question: TMT Test - Mildly positive for inducible ischemia

rahuldxb - Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:57 am

Dear Doctor,
I am a Non-Smoker , Non-Drinker.

Recently I had my lipid profile test. Results are below.

BP : Normal,
Glucose : Normal

Total Cholestorl ( Non - Dieting) : 240
HDL :36
LDL : 188
Triglycerdies : 165

Then I undergone ECG and it was normal.
Later Doctor suggested TMT and result was Mildly positive for inducible ischemia

I was having fever and cough that time.This will affect the test result?
I never had anny sort of heart probelms and last 1 year I am doing excercise regularly including body buliding
Thread mill everyday 30 mins with various speed and inclination.

Please advise me whether I should undergone for more tests or the tablet : CRESTOR 10mg , suggested by Docotr.

Regards
Rahul
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:24 pm

User avatar Hi,
Non-fasting lipid profile is alright for screening purposes only. Some studies have indicated that screening non-fasting adults for total and HDL cholesterol is appropriate for making decisions about primary prevention of coronary heart disease. For therapeutic purposes, fasting profile is necessary. However, there are some exceptions. For instance, non-fasting, non-HDL cholesterol levels may be used for the management of dyslipidemia in hemodialysis patients(as the mandatory 12 hour fasting may not be practicable in these group of patients).

All your non fasting levels are high. Therefore,you must have your fasting lipid profile done to serve as a baseline for further therapeutic decisions and followup.
Good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here