Question: Weird sensation in chest

Lissette - Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:49 am

Hi my name is Lissette and im 19yrs old, My question is i have this weird sensation in my chest and sometimes in my stomach, it feels as if someone would take the air out of me like if they punched me in my chest but with no pain just a sensation of loss of breath for 1 second and like if something jumps inside, i am very worried that it might be pvc but some people have told me that they don't feel that way, i also suffer from Ocd and that doesnt help much, PLEASE HELP ME IM GOING CRAZY!!!!! thank you :D
Lissette
 emskyle - Sun May 01, 2005 2:57 pm

Lissette,

I’m going to start off by saying the symptoms you describe are kind of vague and do not really point to any real diagnosis. My first thought was anxiety but again, especially in this format, with what you describe it’s not easy to provide any more concrete answers. Do you have any other signs or symptoms like rapid breathing or numbness or tingling i.e. hands or face; is there any pattern to what you described?

You mentioned you were concerned about PVC’s (premature ventricular contractions). Yes PVC’s can be attributed to, and may lead to, some significant health concerns however they could also be caused by caffeine, chocolate, stress, smoking, alcohol, etc. In young people they are usually of no consequence. They are quite common and how they feel (if you feel it at all) is subjective; what one person may feel another may not.

It’s always recommended that if you have concerns see your family physician.

Hope this helps.
:)
 Lissette - Tue May 03, 2005 9:51 pm

Thank you for replying, im sorry for not describing it in more detail, but i was scared when i was writing it, i have been seen by my cardiologist and he says im fine and my general practioner says its anxiety, i truly hope they are right and again thanks for your reply.

Lissette

|